[Java 10 - 11 - 12 ] JDK-8210457 : JVM crash in ResolvedMethodTable::add_method(Handle)

Nati Zelig nati.zelig at overopshq.com
Thu Mar 7 10:19:36 UTC 2019

Hello all,
The company I work for is developing a solution for JVM's, as a native
agent which performing redefinition of some of the classes loaded.
Since JDK 10 (Tested up to 11), the JVM is crashing as noted in OpenJDK bug
list:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8210457.
This issue is affecting our ability to support those versions.
1. What are the changes cause this crash to appear? (maybe link to a
commit).
2. Is this crash will be fixed for version 10, 11 and 12? (I saw the fix
intended for JDK 13).
Thanks,
Netanel.