Java 12 / JDK 12: General Availability

jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com
Wed Mar 20 14:10:12 UTC 2019

Hi,

I didn't see any actual decision on this. Is it enough that there is a bug filed in JBS and a mail thread with five or so people that thinks it is a good idea? Given that this is enough for most code changes that potentially could have a much larger impact on the OpenJDK maybe it's fine. I don't have an opinion here, I'm just curious as to how we make decisions in the OpenJDK.

If there was a decision made, please inform those who actually make the tagging happen - or will there be infrastructure that make this tagging happen automatically?

Thanks,
/Jesper