How to set the directory where JVM stores MDMP files

Bob Vandette bob.vandette at oracle.com
Tue Oct 1 13:15:16 UTC 2019

It looks to me that  core dumps (Linux) and MDMP files (Windows) are written to the current directory and there
is no way to override this without building a custom JDK.

I only looked at the JDK14 sources (os_linux.cpp and os_windows.cpp) but I suspect the same is true on JDK11.

Is there an option of having your program change the current directory?

Bob.