Please stop incrementing the classfile version number when there are no format changes

Dalibor Topic dalibor.topic at oracle.com
Fri Oct 11 13:15:38 UTC 2019

On 11.10.2019 14:45, Mike Hearn wrote:
> We tried our app with Java 13 but discovered Gradle doesn't work, so we
> can't build it.

I would suggest asking about timing of Gradle support for JDK 13 at the
Gradle project.

Gradle was made aware of issues with JDK 13 EA builds on March 4th:
https://github.com/gradle/gradle/issues/8681 . Judging by the answer in
https://github.com/gradle/gradle/issues/8681#issuecomment-532507276
support for JDK 13 would be scheduled for Gradle 6.0.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a public schedule for Gradle releases
like we have for the OpenJDK, so it's not possible to tell when it would
be available.

cheers,
dalibor topic

--
<http://www.oracle.com>
Dalibor Topic | Consulting Product Manager
<tel:+491737185961> | Video: dalibor.topic at oracle.com
<sip:dalibor.topic at oracle.com>

Oracle Global Services Germany GmbH
Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRB 246209
Geschäftsführer: Ralf Herrmann

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment