JDK-8029528

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 18:24:17 UTC 2019

Hi!

On Wed, 2019-10-30 at 19:08 +0100, jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> JDK: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0 b118 (1.8.0-ea-fastdebug-b118)
> VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.0 b62 (25.0-b62-internal-201312032153.sspitsyn.hotspot-fastdebug)
>
> compiler/ciReplay/TestSA.sh
>
> Tests fails because of the following error:
>
> Warning: entry was unresolved in the replay data
> Warning: entry was unresolved in the replay data
> Warning: entry was unresolved in the replay data
> Warning: entry was unresolved in the replay data
> Warning: entry was unresolved in the replay data
> Error while parsing line 1002: unknown command
>
> Error: java.lang.NullPointerException
> Failed on unknown command

> Hosts: Linux-amd64
>

> Relates to: JDK-8155219 - [TESTBUG] Rewrite compiler/ciReplay/TestVM.sh in java
>
> Comments:
>
> ILW=LMH=P5. Not a production feature. Intermittent. No known workaround.
>
> This test is going to be rewritten in java by JDK-8155219, so, problem might be gone after that.
>
> after rewriting to java, test(renamed) still fails:
> compiler/ciReplay/TestSAServer.java" Exception java.lang.AssertionError: CLHSDB wasn't run successfully: Warning! JS Engine can't start, some commands will not be available. hsdb> Opening core file, please wait... javax.script.ScriptException: TypeError: sapkg.runtime.VM.getVM is not a function in sa.js at line number ... javax.script.ScriptException: TypeError: sapkg.runtime.VM.getVM is not a function in sa.js at line number ... Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: ciMetadata does not appear to be polymorphic at sun.jvm.hotspot.types.basic.BasicTypeDataBase.findDynamicTypeForAddress(jdk.hotspot.agent...-internal/BasicTypeDataBase.java:...) at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.VirtualBaseConstructor.instantiateWrapperFor(jdk.hotspot.agent...-internal/VirtualBaseConstructor.java:...) at sun.jvm.hotspot.utilities.GrowableArray.at(jdk.hotspot.agent...-internal/GrowableArray.java:...) at sun.jvm.hotspot.ci.ciEnv.dumpReplayData(jdk.hotspot.agent...-internal/ciEnv.java:...) at sun.jvm.hotspot.CommandProcessor$5.doit(jdk.hotspot.agent...-internal/CommandProcessor.java:...) at sun.jvm.hotspot.CommandProcessor.executeCommand(jdk.hotspot.agent...-internal/CommandProcessor.java:...) at sun.jvm.hotspot.CommandProcessor.executeCommand(jdk.hotspot.agent...-internal/CommandProcessor.java:...) at sun.jvm.hotspot.CommandProcessor.run(jdk.hotspot.agent...-internal/CommandProcessor.java:...) at sun.jvm.hotspot.CLHSDB.run(jdk.hotspot.agent...-internal/CLHSDB.java:...) at sun.jvm.hotspot.CLHSDB.main(jdk.hotspot.agent...-internal/CLHSDB.java:...)
>
> Here's the failures of this test that we're seeing in the 2017-08-04 JDK10-hs nightly:
> MacOS X failure:
> compiler/ciReplay/TestSAServer.java: Exception java.lang.InternalError: ciMetadata does not appear to be polymorphic
> Win-64 and Win32 failures:
> compiler/ciReplay/TestSAServer.java: Timeout

Thanks, Jesper!

This confirms what I was seeing for jdk/jdk (TestSAServer.java) and
down to jdk8u (TestSA.sh). "dumpreplaydata -a" is broken in clshdb.

hsdb> Opening core file, please wait...
Warning: Nashorn engine is planned to be removed from a future JDK release
javax.script.ScriptException: TypeError: sapkg.runtime.VM.getVM is not a function in sa.js at line number 54
javax.script.ScriptException: TypeError: sapkg.runtime.VM.getVM is not a function in sa.js at line number 54
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: ciMetadata does not appear to be polymorphic
        at jdk.hotspot.agent/sun.jvm.hotspot.types.basic.BasicTypeDataBase.findDynamicTypeForAddress(BasicTypeDataBase.java:279)
        at jdk.hotspot.agent/sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.VirtualBaseConstructor.instantiateWrapperFor(VirtualBaseConstructor.java:102)
        at jdk.hotspot.agent/sun.jvm.hotspot.utilities.GrowableArray.at(GrowableArray.java:61)
        at jdk.hotspot.agent/sun.jvm.hotspot.ci.ciEnv.dumpReplayData(ciEnv.java:91)
        at jdk.hotspot.agent/sun.jvm.hotspot.CommandProcessor$5.doit(CommandProcessor.java:548)
        at jdk.hotspot.agent/sun.jvm.hotspot.CommandProcessor.executeCommand(CommandProcessor.java:1983)
        at jdk.hotspot.agent/sun.jvm.hotspot.CommandProcessor.executeCommand(CommandProcessor.java:1953)
        at jdk.hotspot.agent/sun.jvm.hotspot.CommandProcessor.run(CommandProcessor.java:1833)
        at jdk.hotspot.agent/sun.jvm.hotspot.CLHSDB.run(CLHSDB.java:99)
        at jdk.hotspot.agent/sun.jvm.hotspot.CLHSDB.main(CLHSDB.java:40)

Cheers,
Severin