Java 13 / JDK 13: General Availability

mark.reinhold at oracle.com mark.reinhold at oracle.com
Tue Sep 17 17:11:04 UTC 2019

JDK 13, the reference implementation of Java 13, is now Generally
Available.  We’ve identified no P1 bugs since we promoted build 33
over five weeks ago so that’s the official GA release, ready for
production use.

GPL-licensed OpenJDK builds from Oracle are available here:

  https://jdk.java.net/13

Builds from other implementors will no doubt be available soon.

This release includes five features [1]:

  350: Dynamic CDS Archives
  351: ZGC: Uncommit Unused Memory
  353: Reimplement the Legacy Socket API
  354: Switch Expressions (Preview)
  355: Text Blocks (Preview)

along with, as usual, hundreds of smaller enhancements and thousands
of bug fixes.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to JDK 13, whether by creating
features or enhancements, fixing bugs, or downloading and testing
the early-access builds.

- Mark

[1] https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/13