New candidate JEP: 362: Deprecate the Solaris and SPARC Ports

Baesken, Matthias matthias.baesken at sap.com
Mon Sep 30 10:26:55 UTC 2019

Hello,
  looks like AdoptOpenJDK  stopped to provide Solaris  (Sparc + x86)   builds of OpenJDK a while ago for JDK11 or higher , see :

https://adoptopenjdk.net/releases.html?variant=openjdk11&jvmVariant=hotspot

It might be interesting to hear  from them about user questions / reactions on this .

I would like  to see   Solaris/Sparc  still supported in OpenJDK until  at least  next LTS / JDK17 ,  but without  knowing more  about  number of users / usage
  It is hard to give good arguments .

Best regards, Matthias