Request for assistance: Verify and update mailing list filter rules for jdk/jdk in preparation for Skara transition

Jesper Wilhelmsson jesper.wilhelmsson at oracle.com
Thu Aug 27 19:32:58 UTC 2020

Hi Robin et al.

There is a mapping available already on our internal wiki that you can use/could have used as a starting point, search for "How to know who owns what code".

I intend to move this mapping to the Developers' Guide fairly soon so that it's available to the whole community.

Automating the selection of mailing lists is good iff the author of a change is programmatically required to verify that the selected lists is correct. For the user who don't have a clue as to what list to send to verifying won't make any difference, but not being forced to verify will allow the user who do know to become lazy and trust the automatic selection.

An automated system can never be 100% correct since changes to the same file can be done for different reasons and require review on different lists, so regardless of where the initial set of addresses come from the author must be able to edit these to add or remove lists to fit the change in question.

/Jesper