Running JDK pre-submit testing on GitHub

Jaikiran Pai jai.forums2013 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 16:20:46 UTC 2020

Hello Robin,

On 16/09/20 6:35 pm, Robin Westberg wrote:
> If you would like to try this out yourself, simply add the file https://github.com/rwestberg/jdk/blob/submit_gh_actions/.github/workflows/submit.yml with the same name and path to any branch in a local repository and push it to your personal fork. Within a few seconds, a new job should appear in the Actions tab in the GitHub web UI for your personal fork where you can view the progress.

I decided to give this a try today for one of the patches I
submitted[1]. I added this submit.yml to a duplicate branch (so as to
avoid having it show up as a change/addition in the PR). The job did get
triggered but ended up failing while trying to checkout jtreg[2]. It's a
bit too late here, so I haven't yet investigated in more detail and
instead decided to check here if there are any known issues in that
workflow file.

[1] https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/323#issuecomment-697518606

[2] https://github.com/jaikiran/jdk/runs/1155620169?check_suite_focus=true

-Jaikiran