problematic pkcs11 license
doko at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 27 06:33:27 UTC 2021
A Debian issue points out a problematic license for some imported header files,
see https://bugs.debian.org/985765, and also https://bugs.debian.org/952951
pointing out the issue with the OASIS license.
The header files currently have
/* Copyright (c) OASIS Open 2016-2019. All Rights Reserved.
* Distributed under the terms of the OASIS IPR Policy,
* [http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr], AS-IS, WITHOUT ANY
* IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTY; there is no warranty of MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS
* PARTICULAR PURPOSE or NONINFRINGEMENT of the rights of others.
The proposed alternative headers from NSS (which is already used as a build
dependency for OpenJDK), have:
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Copyright (C) 1994-1999 RSA Security Inc. Licence to copy this document
* is granted provided that it is identified as "RSA Security In.c Public-Key
* Cryptography Standards (PKCS)" in all material mentioning or referencing
* this document.
* The latest version of this header can be found at:
Is this something which could be addressed upstream? Which group to contact?
More information about the jdk-dev