Reminder: file JDK 18 CSRs well ahead of anticipated December 2021 rampdown 1 deadline

Joseph D. Darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Mon Nov 1 22:48:52 UTC 2021

Hello,

Per the expected JDK 18 schedule
(https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2021-November/006199.html),
JDK 18's rampdown phase one is coming up in December 2021.

An advanced reminder to factor in sufficient review time for any
projects needing CSRs before getting pushed into JDK 18. Large projects,
including JEPs, should often use the two-phase CSR process
(https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/csr/Main) rather than the
one-phase process. The nominal SLA for each CSR phase is one week. To
accommodate the possibility of needing to respond to feedback from the
CSR, I recommend a large project plan for at least three weeks of CSR
review time ahead of a planned integration date.

Specially for JEPs, I recommend a JEP has its initial interaction with
CSR no later than when the JEP reaches its Candidate stage.

Cheers,

-Joe
CSR Lead