JEP 425 (Virtual Threads) - Cancellation

Alex Buckley alex.buckley at oracle.com
Mon May 2 16:32:01 UTC 2022

On 5/1/2022 3:04 PM, Attila Kelemen wrote:
> Since the virtual threads API is currently incubating, I do support that
> it should be released (as incubating in Java 19).

Virtual Threads are proposed as a preview API in Java 19, not an
incubating API. Preview APIs live in java.* packages and are much more
mature than incubating APIs, which live in jdk.incubator.* packages.

The incubating API you may have seen recently is the Vector API. See
https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/19/

Alex