<AWT Dev> Reviewer needed - fix for regression test java/awt/Insets/WindowWithWarningTest/WindowWithWarningTest

Dr Andrew John Hughes ahughes at redhat.com
Thu Dec 2 12:03:05 PST 2010

On 12:19 Thu 02 Dec     , Anthony Petrov wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 12/1/2010 9:36 PM, Dr Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> > On 19:36 Wed 01 Dec     , Anthony Petrov wrote:
> >> By the way, since 6u10 there's no a security banner that affects window
> >> insets. The security warning is a separate window (the yellow triangle
> >> on the top-right corner of the top-level window by default).
> >>
> >> So apparently this test doesn't make sense anymore. I'm not sure if
> >> OpenJDK 6 contains the new security warning implementation, but we can
> >> definitely remove the test from JDK 7.
> >>

> > Do you have a bug ID for this new warning implementation?  Then we can
> > see if it is in OpenJDK6 or not.
>
> This is 6693253: Security Warning appearance requires enhancements
>
> In JDK7: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/jdk7/jdk/rev/0cbcc4bdf95a
>
> --
> best regards,
> Anthony

Thanks for the ID and link.  I can confirm this patch is not in OpenJDK6.
As it claims to be a forwardport from the proprietary JDK6 releases, I assume
such a backport would be worth doing?
--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
Contribute to GNU Classpath and IcedTea
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://icedtea.classpath.org
PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint = F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8