Should back-ports cc the mailing lists for the area? (was Re: [7u8] Request for approval: 7113017: Use POSIX compliant include file headers in sun/awt/medialib/mlib_types.h)

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Aug 7 03:04:33 PDT 2012

On 06/08/2012 03:00, David Holmes wrote:

> I raised the issue of bake-time previously:
>
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk7u-dev/2011-September/000307.html
>

> See in particular Edvard's response:
>
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk7u-dev/2011-September/000315.html

I've no issue with any of Edvard's points, it's just a concern that the
mailing list for the area should be included in any consideration to
back-port a change to jdk7u. I suggest this because the folks in that
area are probably the folks that will know about any side effects
(potential or real) and gives them a chance to jump in if there are any
concerns.

-Alan