[7u8] Request for review and approval/backport: 7146424: Wildcard expansion for single entry classpath

Kumar Srinivasan kumar.x.srinivasan at oracle.COM
Tue Aug 14 12:58:37 PDT 2012

Hi All,

This has been integrated into jdk8 the changesets are:

[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7188114
  http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/tl/jdk/rev/3521fcad4b5f
went in cleanly into 7u-dev,

This one is a separated changeset, such that we can record
the attribution credits, for review purposes I have merged it in
the webrev.

[2] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7146424
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/tl/jdk/rev/2dd41a2dfe54
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2012-July/010941.html
needed some cajoling as the line numbers were different.

I  folded in a a minor bug fix in launcher resources. and a test
ToolsOpts.java
the was useful in catching regression with this work.

7u-dev webrev is here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ksrini/7146424/webrev.0/

fyi: 8 webrevs are here:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ksrini/7146424-jdk8/webrev.0/