[7u6] Request for approval for CR 7157855: jvisualvm.1 not included in binaries

Andrew Hughes ahughes at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 01:30:52 PDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 21/08/2012 9:37 PM, Seán Coffey wrote:
> > Looks fine to me but best to get an official jdk8 reviewer.
>
> Looks fine to me too.

Thanks David.  Is there a preferred tree for me to push this to?

> > I presume the filter-out option on macosx becomes a no-op (on
> > OpenJDK
> > builds) some lines later : (Images.gmk)
> >
> > 264 JDK_MAN_PAGES := $(filter-out jvisualvm.1, $(JDK_MAN_PAGES))
>
> Yes.
>
> > On the subject of dual Makefile maintenance, are there plans to
> > eventually remove
> > the older/legacy makefile structure on 8? I haven't been monitoring
> > that
> > topic too closely.
>
> Yes. At some point "real soon now" we should make the switch to using
> the new build system for our official builds. Some of the work for 8
> is
> only being done in the context of the new build system.

I need to look at moving our builds to using the new system.

--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F  8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07