[8u] RFR 8216401: Allow "file:" URLs in Class-Path of local JARs

Verghese, Clive verghese at amazon.com
Tue Aug 13 18:59:45 UTC 2019

Hi Zhengyu,

Instead of importing the writeToDisk function to the test, We could update the ClassFileInstaller to be similar to the one in tip. [1]

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~phh/8216401/webrev.8u0.00/

Regards,
Clive Verghese

[1] : https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/file/be8c11fc16bb/test/lib/ClassFileInstaller.java

On 8/12/19, 11:38 AM, "jdk8u-dev on behalf of Zhengyu Gu" <jdk8u-dev-bounces at openjdk.java.net on behalf of zgu at redhat.com> wrote:

    Please review 8u backport of above CR.
    JDK13 patch does not apply cleanly. However, the fix itself applies
    cleanly, just not the test.

    8u ClassFileInstaller does not have some APIs that exist in JDK13.
    Therefore, I copied/pasted corresponding code from JDK13's
    ClassFileInstaller into the test (writeClassToDisk and writeToDisk).

    Original bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8216401
    Original Webrev:
    https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2019-January/057868.html
    Original review thread:
    https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2019-January/057868.html

    8u webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~zgu/JDK-8216401-8u/webrev.00/

    Test:
       Run attached test case (before and after fix) on Linux 86_64.

    Thanks,

    -Zhengyu