New lead for the JDK 8 Update Releases Project: Andrew Haley

Tim Bell tim.bell at oracle.com
Fri Feb 1 14:28:35 UTC 2019

Seán Coffey has resigned as lead for the JDK 8 Updates Project [1].

Under the bylaws for Project Roles [2], a new Project Lead may be
nominated by the Group Leads of the Project's sponsoring groups.

The Build Infrastructure Group is sponsor of the project.  As Group
Lead, I would like to nominate Andrew Haley as the new Project Lead.

As the Build Infrastructure Group is the only sponsoring group for
this project, I believe that the nomination is automatically approved.

-Tim

[1]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8u-dev/2019-February/008502.html

[2] http://openjdk.java.net/bylaws#project-lead