[8u] RFR + RFA 8211926: Catastrophic size_t underflow in BitMap::*_large methods

Andrew Hughes gnu.andrew at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 23:16:06 UTC 2019

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 at 19:43, Hohensee, Paul <hohensee at amazon.com> wrote:

> The 8u patch looks good to me, as in, inspection says it does the same thing in 8u as in 11u.
>
> Paul
>
> On 2/6/19, 8:41 AM, "jdk8u-dev on behalf of Aleksey Shipilev" <jdk8u-dev-bounces at openjdk.java.net on behalf of shade at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>     Please review and approve the backport of catastrophic underflow fix in BitMap:
>
>       Original Bug:
>           Components: hotspot
>
>       Original Fix:
>             12: JDK-8211926, http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/e5534cc91a10, 88 day(s) ago
>
>       Backports and Forwardports:
>             11: 11.0.3, JDK-8214860, http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk-updates/jdk11u/rev/6c90d1d1a03b, 63
>     day(s) ago
>              8: MISSING
>
>     8u fix does not apply cleanly, because Bitmap is cleaned up a bit in subsequent releases. There is
>     also no support for gtest, which means we cannot backport the relevant regression test. Instead, we
>     have to rely on assert to fire if code is broken. 8u webrev:
>       http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~shade/8211926/webrev.8u.01/
>
>     Testing: Linux x86_64 build and all jtreg tests (with some unrelated failures)
>
>     Thanks,
>     -Aleksey

Looks good to me too. Approved.
--
Andrew :)

Senior Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Web Site: http://fuseyism.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/gnu_andrew_java
PGP Key: ed25519/0xCFDA0F9B35964222 (hkp://keys.gnupg.net)
Fingerprint = 5132 579D D154 0ED2 3E04  C5A0 CFDA 0F9B 3596 4222