Proposal for back-porting JFR to OpenJDK8u

Mario Torre neugens at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 09:18:08 UTC 2019

I think the contribution should be submitted following the usual rules
I'm assuming you all have the OCA signed, then a reviewer needs to
approve the patch.

The process for me to become official reviewer just started, and while
Andrew or some of the other reviewers for 8 can approve the push
already I would like to spend this extra bit of time on you patches
myself, there are some differences between the two versions I want to
fully understand.

I think Andrew Haley is in the position to clarify the process,
however, please let's refer to his email on this topic "RFD: Draft
guidelines for working on jdk8u":

https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8u-dev/2019-February/008692.html

Cheers,
Mario