Re: Proposal for back-porting JFR to OpenJDK8u

guangyu.zhu guangyu.zhu at aliyun.com
Wed Feb 27 09:32:00 UTC 2019

oh, thank you for pointing out my mistake. Yes, each patch need a formal review.

thanks,
Guangyu
Sender:Mario Torre <neugens at redhat.com>
Sent At:2019 Feb. 27 (Wed.) 17:22
Recipient:guangyu.zhu <guangyu.zhu at aliyun.com>
Cc:Andrey Petushkov <andrey at azul.com>; yumin qi <yumin.qi at gmail.com>; jdk8u-dev <jdk8u-dev at openjdk.java.net>; kingsum.chow <kingsum.chow at gmail.com>; denghui.ddh <denghui.ddh at antfin.com>
Subject:Re: Proposal for back-porting JFR to OpenJDK8u

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 3:33 AM guangyu.zhu <guangyu.zhu at aliyun.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrey,
>
> Now that Mario has created the repo

Andrew Haley did.

> I suggest that you commit the basline patch as soon as possible
> and then Alibaba will merge the missing features including thread
> sampling, G1 heap summary and region types, biased locking
> events and so on...this will speed up the backport process.
> What do you think?

Seems like a good idea, it still needs a formal reviewer approval. As
I mentioned in another reply, the process for me just started and will
take about two weeks, I think this is reasonable time to work out the
details.

Cheers,
Mario
--