Differences between OpenJDK 8u and IcedTea8

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 12:07:01 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 11:56 AM Severin Gehwolf <sgehwolf at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 11:42 +0100, Volker Simonis wrote:
> > I'll file a jdk8u request for this trivial fix.
>
> I'm curious. Why isn't this a problem for later JDK versions? Do you
> know?

Because it was fixed :)

I initially assumed it was fixed implicitly as part of the bigger jdk9
make system rework. But now that you ask, I've looked a little closer
and found out that it was indeed fixed explicitly by JDK-8140223 [1]
(contributed by our friend Matthias Klose from Ubuntu). The bug also
has the explanation for which I spent hours to find out :)

This makes it even easier - I just have to downport JDK-8140223 to
jdk8u. From a first glance it should apply cleanly modulo the usual
path shuffling.