[8u] RFR: 8217766: Container Support doesn't work for some Join Controllers combinations

Hohensee, Paul hohensee at amazon.com
Tue Oct 27 22:22:19 UTC 2020

Lgtm.

Paul

On 10/27/20, 7:35 AM, "jdk8u-dev on behalf of Severin Gehwolf" <jdk8u-dev-retn at openjdk.java.net on behalf of sgehwolf at redhat.com> wrote:

    Hi!

    Could I please get a review for this 8u backport of 8217766. I see
    Oracle backported it too to 8u281. The JDK 11 patch does not apply
    cleanly, because a) no unified logging in hotspot in 8u b) split of jdk
    and hotspot repositories in 8u.

    I've manually backported hotspot changes. The JDK changes actually
    applied cleanly. While this fixes part of the problem. JDK-8254854 will
    be fixed separately and as a follow-up.

    webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sgehwolf/webrevs/JDK-8217766/01/

    Testing: Manually on affected system with join controllers[1].
    Container tests on Linux x86_64: no regressions.

    Thoughts?

    Thanks,
    Severin

    [1] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8217766?focusedCommentId=14373516&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-14373516