RFR: 8247350: [aarch64] assert(false) failed: wrong size of mach node

Yangfei (Felix) felix.yang at huawei.com
Mon Apr 12 01:13:13 UTC 2021

Hi,

Original Bug:
    https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk-updates/jdk11u/rev/a9a275f22821

When running 8u jtreg hotspot test with -XX:+VerifyOops using aarch64 fastdebug build, I find this was triggered for more than 200 test cases.
As discussed in [1], we should backport this for purposes like nightly testing.

Patch for jdk11u does not apply cleanly due to conflict for the header file include in output.cpp.
Webrev for 8u: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~fyang/8247350-8u/webrev.00

Performed full jtreg test with -XX:+VerifyOops using aarch64 fastdebug build.
OK to backport?

Thanks,
Felix

[1]