[8u] RFR: 8259312: VerifyCACerts.java fails as soneraclass2ca cert will expire in 90 days

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 15:53:39 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-01-11 at 16:06 +0100, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> On 1/11/21 3:57 PM, Severin Gehwolf wrote:
> > On Mon, 2021-01-11 at 15:38 +0100, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> > > Original fix:
> > >     https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8259312
> > >
> > > https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/commit/3be6e06958c4304cafee707a29d06d6b2cc5b76b
> > >
> > > Patch does not apply cleanly to 8u, because @bug line does not
> > > have one of the expected bug IDs. I
> > > added the bug ID from the original patch by hand.
> >
> > It looks like the JDK 11 patch applies clean, no?
> > https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk-updates/jdk11u-dev/rev/26e55fdece42
>
> Ah, maybe! I did not check 11u version, backported the original.

For the record, your 8u patch patch is fine.

Just keep in mind to use or at least look at the available patch of the
oldest JDK release higher than the one to backport to before going for
a rewrite from JDK head.

In this case, I'm pretty sure the review could have been skipped
(applies cleanly).

Thanks,
Severin