[8u] RFR: 8146215: (fs) java/nio/file/Files/probeContentType/Basic.java failed frequently on Solaris-sparc with Unexpected type: text/plain

Alex Kashchenko akashche at redhat.com
Mon Oct 4 20:25:43 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 6/30/20, Alex Kashchenko <akashche at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 06/29/2020 01:47 PM, Andrew Hughes wrote:
>> On 26/06/2020 23:30, Alex Kashchenko wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please review the backport of JDK-8146215 to 8u:

>>> 9 commit: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/jdk/rev/44bb7c7997ca
>>>
>>> 8u webrev: https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~akasko/jdk8u/8146215/webrev.00/
>>>
>>> 8u code change is almost identical to 9, only copyright year is changed
>>> in AbstractFileTypeDetector.java. Test part doesn't apply cleanly,
>>> because probeContentType/Basic.java in 9 contains changes that are not
>>> in 8u (JDK-8129632 and others), it is adjusted for 8u. Testing: included
>>> test, jck:api/java_net;api/java_nio.
>>>

>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> The class library code changes look fine.
>>
>> For the testing, I think JDK-8150204 should at least be backported
>> first. It's a test-only change, and you're effectively doing that in
>> this patch, but uncredited. I can understand the reluctance to backport
>> the Mac OS X fix, JDK-8129632, so I'm happy for the 8150204 backport to
>> just take the testing changes from 8129632 as part of it, or work around
>> them as you have here.
>>
>> Once 8150204 is in place, this backport should be close to the 11u
>> version.
>
> Thanks for your comments! I've posted 8150204 for review:
>
> https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8u-dev/2020-June/012063.html

Returning to this issue that was overlooked: 8150204 has been added to
8u, please review updated backport of 8146215:

https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~akasko/jdk8u/8146215/webrev.01/

Differences from original commit: paths reshuffling, copyright year in
AbstractFileTypeDetector.java, list of issues numbers changed and
checkOSXContentTypes() function removed in Basic.java test.

Testing: java/nio/file/Files/probeContentType/ and
java/net/URLConnection/ jtreg tests.

--
-Alex