[jdk8u-dev] RFR: 8087283: Add support for the XML Signature here() function to the JDK XPath implementation

Yuri Nesterenko yan at openjdk.java.net
Wed Jun 1 07:43:37 UTC 2022

On Wed, 1 Jun 2022 02:25:45 GMT, Andrew John Hughes <andrew at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I'd like to backport this jdk9 change to jdk8 because it would make backporting future important fixes and related tests easier. It is marked as Enhancement, however with time the absence of it would become nuisance.
>> I've tested it so far with various XML-related tests. Tier tests are running.
>
> What is present in this backport looks ok.  However, there are a couple of omissions from the version in 11u:
> * The copyright changes to `jaxp/src/com/sun/org/apache/xpath/internal/compiler/Keywords.java` are missing. Comparing the current 8u & 11u versions show the change is needed.
> * This fix actually spans two commits, because it was done under the old split repository / forest setup. The other commit is [b05b9cb](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk11u/commit/b05b9cbefad137c5e2802942de6e77d3994f4315)

Thank you @gnu-andrew ! As to the copyright, in the current (before the fix) version of jdk8u it is virtually the same as in 22fad6452 new part of the 1st Keywords.java hunk (and in 11u) barring some formatting difference (lines are shorter in 11u). I've used 22fad6452 so decided to skip the hunk altogether (the old part of the hunk differs significantly).

The fixupFunctionTable() part, yes, I've missed it, thank you, retesting locally first...