New home for WebRev tool -- will be removed from jdk forest

Magnus Ihse Bursie magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com
Fri Jan 10 01:53:24 PST 2014

The WebRev tool (webrev.ksh) have been moved to a separate repo in the
code-tools project. This will make sure we have a single master copy,
instead of several forks across all jdk versions.

The copy of webrev currently located in the jdk forests (at
<top>/make/scripts/webrev.ksh) will be removed.

To use webrev, please clone the webrev repo in a suitable location:
hg clone http://hg.openjdk.java.net/code-tools/webrev

It is possible to clone this repository inside a jdk forest, if you
want. The hg forest extension will treat this repo as any other repo in
the forest. The common/bin/hgforest.sh will not know about it, however,
and you will need to update the repo manually if using that method.

Since there exists multiple versions of the webrev script, the plan is
to get the best part of them all and collect it into this master. If you
have a locally modified version of webrev, please contact me so we can
work out how to bring these enhancement to the master copy.

If you want to report bugs on WebRev, please use the CODETOOLS project
on JBS with the component tools and subcomponent webrev.

For webrev development discussions, please use webrev-dev at openjdk.java.net.

/Magnus