jtreg nightly build version change

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Mon Jan 20 09:47:21 PST 2014

On 01/18/2014 05:29 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> https://adopt-openjdk.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jtreg/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/
> now produces a Maven compatible 5.0.0-SNAPSHOT version of jtreg.
>
> This was to make the download and install for the Virtual Machines
> we're producing for the build-farm as well as making jtreg Maven repo
> compatible.
>
> IIRC jtreg was last released as version 4.3? Hopefully 5.0.0 is the
> next logical number.
>
> Probably needs a conversation about how to deal with versioning and if
> jtreg can be uploaded to Maven Central or not (any legal barriers?).
>
> Cheers,
> Martijn

Martijn,

jtreg has never been 4.3.  I think you're confusing it with the version
of JTHarness that it uses.

For a while now, jtreg has been using jtreg 4.1 bNN where NN is a small
interger, currently 08. This was more significant when we (Oracle) were
producing binary builds.  Now that we are no longer doing that, I think
we will start advancing the jtreg number in a more conventional fashion.

I had hoped to combine the advance to 4.2 with a major update to the
jtreg documentation, but that seems to be never quite high enough
priority to have anything happen :-(

-- Jon