RFR : JDK-8032045 : (m/l) Enable compiler and linker safety switches for debug builds

Mike Duigou mike.duigou at oracle.com
Tue May 20 02:14:59 UTC 2014

On May 19 2014, at 18:45 , Vladimir Kozlov <vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com> wrote:

> Looks fine to me.
>
> We don't use gcc on Solaris. How you tested solaris/makefiles/gcc.make changes?

I have not been able to test the Solaris changes. It is my understanding that the gcc on solaris makefiles have not been tested in some time and have quite likely bit-rotted. I tried to transplant changes between linux and bsd into Solaris in as conservative a fashion as possible but I did want to avoid additional skew between the solaris, bsd and linux gcc.make files.

Mike