New staging repository for AArch64 open port

Iris Clark iris.clark at oracle.com
Mon Oct 6 20:18:49 UTC 2014

Hi, Vladimir.

>> Assuming that you do, then I'm going to need to investigate how to
>> handle that configuration.  Minimally, if Vladimir needs to push he
>> needs to be at least a Committer to the AArch64 Project.  Who do you

> Do I really need to be Committer to the AArch64 Project? Can jdk9 Committer status be enough? The staging forest is child of jdk9 forest.
I may be not the only one from Oracle side who will help with sponsoring pushes. It would be nice if you allow any jdk9 committer to push into
aarch64 stage forest.

Yes, you really need to be a AArch64 Committer. The AArch64 Project is the owner of the forest regardless of how it was originally created/cloned.  I can create a limited-access forest as requested, but the people on that list (in this case Andrew Haley and you) must be a subset of the owning Project's Census entry.  Any Oracle employee who wishes to push changes into the open portion of aarch64/stage must be an AArch64 Committer.

Thanks,
iris