RFR: CODETOOLS-7901044: Add next/prev links to navigate between diffs

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Tue Oct 14 21:29:06 UTC 2014

On 10/14/14 10:57 PM, Eric McCorkle wrote:
> (Sorry, I forgot to hit "reply all")
>
> Actually, the results may be from a version I had stashed in my home dir
> (which I'd forgotten about).
>
> Here is from a fresh checkout:
>
> $ ksh -p ../../webrev/webrev.ksh
>     SCM detected: mercurial
>
>   No outgoing, perhaps you haven't commited.
>        Workspace: /usr/home/emccorkl/src/enum_convert/langtools
> Compare against: ssh://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/langtools
>        Output to: /usr/home/emccorkl/src/enum_convert/langtools/webrev
>     Output Files:
> ../../webrev/webrev.ksh: line 2273: i: arithmetic syntax error

Ahah - OK - thanks Eric - now the line numbers make sense :-)
I've been bitten by this kind of things before - I believe [[ ]] might
need to be replaced with something else.

For evaluating arithmetic operations (+ - etc..) it seems better to
use 'expr'.
if [[i -lt ...]] should probably be replaced with something like
if [ $i -lt ... ]

It's possible that the same kind of medicine will need to be applied
to i=$(($i + 1)) a few lines below - though it's not really possible
to tell without testing. Does the following works with your version
of ksh:

    ksh
    i=1
    echo $i

I see there are several occurrences of [[ ]] - not sure whether all of
them should be replaced... Usually string comparison don't require
a double [[ ]].

Hope this helps,

-- daniel