JEPs proposed to target JDK 9 (2015/5/21)

Stefan Johansson stefan.johansson at oracle.com
Wed May 27 08:54:19 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,

Did you follow the discussion when the JEP was presented as a candidate
[1]? That discussion shows both sides of the coin, some think changing
the default is good, some don't. It's important to remember that we do
not remove any of the other collectors and specifying -XX:+UseParallelGC
will make the VM behave like before the change. For customers specifying
a GC explicitly the change will have no effect, and the expectation is
that most customers tuning for performance do this.

Thanks,
Stefan

[1]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2015-April/018322.html