Agent and sizing

Stephen Felts stephen.felts at oracle.com
Fri Oct 13 04:05:14 UTC 2017

The short answer is no.

There isn't any programmatic way to know in advance if a warning will be printed. It's easy to test if packages are open to only all unnamed modules but this isn't enough - the reason is that packages can be opened explicitly, via --add-opens`, and there won't be warnings there is an otherwise illegal access to a member of the packages opened this way.

With the current default of --illegal-access=warn, a single warning will be printed.  You can catch the exception and ignore it so the code will be quiet when the default changes to --illegal-access=deny.