Bug 4715154

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Jun 27 06:19:04 PDT 2011

Sean Mullan wrote:
> Several jigsaw unit tests are failing on Windows because of bug
> 4715154 [1] which was closed a long time ago as "Will Not Fix". Does
> anyone have any suggestions as the best way to workaround this, short
> of replacing the call to FileChannel.map with FileChannel.read? Are
> there any plans to fix this in the future?
>
> Thanks,
> Sean
>
> [1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4715154
This is a limitation of Windows and I'm not aware of any way to create a
file-mapping that would allow the file be deleted while the mapping
exists (if there is a way then it would be great to know about it).  In
a couple of tests we've had to do an ugly System.gc() + short sleep at
the end of the test to trigger the unmap.