RFR 7199353: Allow ConstructorProperties annotation from any package

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Oct 8 12:15:45 UTC 2015

On 08/10/2015 12:49, Jaroslav Bachorik wrote:
> Please, review the following change
>
> Issue : https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-7199353
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jbachorik/7199353/webrev.00/top
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jbachorik/7199353/webrev.00/jdk

I see this patch is against jigsaw/jake but I assume this will go into
JDK 9 via jdk9/dev. No need for it to be pushed via the jake forest, right?

That said, there is some wording in MXBean that will need adjustments
for modules.  Specifically the wording around subset Profiles of Java SE
will need to be modernized a bit to cover any Java SE run-time that
doesn't have the java.desktop module (or java.beans package).

The approach and the new @CS trumping the old looks good. I'm not sure
that I agree with logging a warning when
java.beans.ConstructorProperties is used. I would be tempted to leave
that out.

The updates to the javadoc mostly okay. In the paragraph on "For
backward compatibility .." then it probably should make clear that this
annotations works in exactly the same way as the
javax.management.annotation.CS.

The webrev makes it looks like the beans @CS has been renamed, is this a
hg copy?

I see this patch adds a package.html, any reason not to use
package-info.java here?

I assume LegacyConstructorPropertiesTest's header will be fixed up so
that the copyright header is at the top.