Warning: Cannot use jsr199 Javac from jrt-fs.jar"

Jayaprakash Arthanareeswaran jarthana at in.ibm.com
Fri Oct 9 08:27:23 UTC 2015

Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com> wrote on 10/09/2015 12:46:21 PM:

> Can you expand a bit more on this? Are you looking for the jrtfs update
> so that you can access the jrt file system in a different JDK 9 image?
> At the moment it is limited to JDK 8 accessing a JDK 9 image, there is
> still work required to have a tool running on one JDK 9 build access the
> contents of a different JDK 9 build.

   At the moment, in Eclipse IDE, users can add any JRE to a project's
   build path, regardless of the JRE that the IDE is running on.
   For e.g. users can have multiple installations/versions of JRE 8 in
   different projects and each of them will be considered a different
   platform
   library because they are coming from different path/location. Same goes
   for multiple versions of JRE 9. And all this while running on a JRE 7
   or JRE 8 or a different installation of JRE 9 for e.g.

   This basically means that, (with our current framework) we are going to
   be able to read classes (code) from a given .jimage location/path or
   java.home.

   We would like to keep it that way, if possible. I remember seeing your
   response [1] to one of the questions earlier but not sure if that is
   meant to work for JRE 7.

   I did a quick search and this one [2] looks relevant too.

> Or maybe you are looking to do
> arbitrary mixing of modules from different JDK 9 builds?

	We are not interested in this per se.

Regards,
Jay
[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.openjdk.jigsaw/820