non-API classes displayed by jrt filesystem

Sundararajan Athijegannathan sundararajan.athijegannathan at oracle.com
Mon Oct 19 13:36:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

The situation is not different from, say, zip/jar file system - that
file system too exposes *all* underlying resources via file system. All
.class resources - package private classes, anonymous inner classes etc.
are exposed. Language notions like public/package-private/anonymous etc.
have to be found only by reading appropriate .class resources.
Similarly, module export/requires/use information has be to be found
only reading & parsing module-info.class resources.  Repeating that info
at file system level is problematic - redundancy,  potential
inconsistency...

Thanks.
-Sundar