Issue with an automatic module

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Aug 1 22:00:07 UTC 2016

On 01/08/2016 12:01, charbel yazbeck wrote:

> hi
>

> I was just trying the following sample:
>

>         ModuleFinder finder = ModuleFinder.of(path); //path points to
> the location of a jar with an unnamed module
>         finder.findAll().forEach(System.out::println);

I see nar-maven-plugin-3.0.0.jar has a class HelpMojo.class, do you know
if this is supposed to be in this JAR file?

In any case, it is as I said, named modules can not contain types in the
unnamed package so this is why ModuleFinder fails. In this javadoc where
it describes automatic it has the following "If a .class file that
corresponds to a class in an unnamed package is encountered then
FindException is thrown."