RFR 8159487: Add JAVA_VERSION, OS_NAME, OS_ARCH properties in release file

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Fri Aug 5 21:51:47 UTC 2016

Hi Sundar,

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 5:12 AM, Alan Bateman <alan.bateman at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> On 02/08/2016 04:39, Sundararajan Athijegannathan wrote:
>
>> Please review http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8159487/webrev.00/ for
>>
>> OS_NAME, OS_ARCH, OS_VERSION properties are already added due to another
>> fix. Just adding "JAVA_VERSION" and a test change to check these
>> properties exist in release file.
>>
> This seems to put the value of the "java.version" property into the release file, I don't think you want that. Consider the cross targeting case where jlink is running on 9 but the modules for the target image are 9.1. So it needs to come from the java.base module for the target run-time image.

Alan is right. The “java.version” system property value from the jlink runtime is not what we want.  It needs to come from the java.base module.

In addition, make/Images.gmk needs to be updated.  These properties are no longer needed to be supplied by the build.

Since this patch has been pushed, I created a new JBS issue to adjust the fix:

Mandy