cannot access class jdk.internal.ref.Cleaner (in module java.base) because module java.base does not export jdk.internal.ref to unnamed module

Peter Levart peter.levart at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 08:10:25 UTC 2016

Hi, I've been planing to give a suggestion regarding internal Cleaner
implementing Runnable interface. If this internal Cleaner in DBB ever gets
replaced with public API in the form of java.lang.reflect.Cleanable
implementation, then at that time, such workarrounds will break again and
would have to be revised once more. So why wouldn't internal Cleaner rather
implement java.lang.reflect.Cleanable instead of Runnable from day one of
JDK 9 release?

What do you think?

Regards, Peter