RFR: 8163126 Wrong @modules in some of jdk/* tests

Alexandre (Shura) Iline alexandre.iline at oracle.com
Wed Aug 17 01:26:26 UTC 2016

Hi, Max.

Excerpt from JTReg documentation:
=========================================================================================================
@modules <module>[/<package>]+
Express a dependence on a modules in the system being tested, and optionally, on selected internal packages in some or all of those modules.

If no dependencies are specified explicitly, a default set of dependencies will be read from the modules entry in test suite configuration files.

A test will not be run if the system being tested does not contain all of the specified modules.

Note: Specifying an entry that includes a dependence on an internal package is essentially equivalent to using -XaddExports:<module>/<package>ALL-UNNAMED when the test is compiled and run.
=========================================================================================================

Before the suggested fix, the test in question would fail on a system with no jdk.crypto.pkcs11. That could be emulated by:
$ jtreg ... -javaoptions:"-limitmods jdk.jartool" jdk/security/jarsigner/Spec.java
FAILED: jdk/security/jarsigner/Spec.java
$ jtreg ... -javaoptions:"-limitmods jdk.jartool,jdk.crypto.pkcs11" jdk/security/jarsigner/Spec.java
Passed: jdk/security/jarsigner/Spec.java
$

With my fix, the test will not be selected for execution when there is no jdk.crypto.pkcs11:
$ jtreg ... -javaoptions:"-limitmods jdk.jartool" jdk/security/jarsigner/Spec.java
Test results: no tests selected
…
$

Shura