Java 9 build 148 causes trouble in Apache Lucene/Solr/Elasticsearch

Stephen Felts stephen.felts at oracle.com
Fri Dec 9 23:45:23 UTC 2016

Unsafe is visible in JDK9.  See the list at http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/260

I agree that requiring command line options is a problem.
The experts don't want to merge module access into the security manager.

The link above says "Suggested additions to this list, justified by real-world use cases and estimates of developer and end-user impact, are welcome".  So you should make clear exactly API's that you want exposed.