RFR 8170289: Re-examine entry point support in jlink

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Mon Dec 19 01:25:32 UTC 2016

 282                     throw new RuntimeException(module + " does not have main class: " + mainClassName);

- Throwing IllegalArgumentException would probably be better.

 101 err.launcher.value.format:launcher value should be of form <command>=<module>: {0}

- should this message include optional main class; something like <command>=<module>[/<main-class>]

This validation is done after the image is created.  Can you file a JBS issue to separate the launcher file creation and the validation from image creation?  That can be improved in the future.

Otherwise, looks okay.  No need to send a new webrev.

Mandy
P.S. There is some issue to access cr.openjdk.java.net. I got a copy of webrev.02 from Sundar to review.