Strange test failure when referencing a class in a deprivileged module

Wang Weijun weijun.wang at oracle.com
Thu Jul 7 03:45:08 UTC 2016

I run the program directly (not from jtreg) and the result is different:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.BootstrapMethodError: call site initialization exception
	at SSL.checkPermission(SSL.java:21)
	at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(java.base at 9-ea/SecurityManager.java:1285)
	at java.lang.System.getProperty(java.base at 9-ea/System.java:762)
	at SSL.main(SSL.java:28)

Then I add -Djava.security.debug=all, and the exact old exception is back! The debug output [1] has nothing special, in fact there is no difference if I substitute SQLPermission to AllPermission, except that with AllPermission the program runs fine.

Thanks
Max

[1] https://gist.github.com/wangweij/b7d031dea470000c456b169f1e733eac