RFE regarding duplicate module message

Paul Benedict pbenedict at apache.org
Mon Jul 11 18:48:56 UTC 2016

Regarding this exception:
java.lang.module.ResolutionException: Two versions of module com.domain2
found in mods

I have three requests:

1) The "two versions" is actually misleading. In my system, I purposely
created three "com.domain2" in my modules directory. It's better to just
say there is a "duplicate" module than specify a number.

2) Can the clashing modules be listed out please? Which ones in the module
path are the offenders?

3) Just as "com.domain2" was called out as a "module" in the message,
please also refer to "mods" as the module path.

Example message for consideration:
"Duplicate versions of module com.domain2 found [com.domain1, com.domain2,
com.domain3] in module path mods"

In this example, I installed three modules, all different module folder
names, but all same module-info.class module name.

Cheers,
Paul