RFR 8154182: Fix java/lang/Class/getDeclaredField/FieldSetAccessibleTest.java to only use available modules

Alexandre Iline (Shura) alexandre.iline at oracle.com
Tue May 3 19:43:02 UTC 2016

> On Apr 14, 2016, at 7:27 AM, Alan Bateman <Alan.Bateman at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> On 13/04/2016 18:29, Alexandre (Shura) Iline wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could you be so kind to take a look on this fix:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~shurailine/8154182/webrev.00/
>>
> What would you think of having this test run with `-addmods ALL-SYSTEM` instead? Your patch is okay but it will mean that the test won't exercise getDeclaredFields on the EE module, at least not when we bring the changes in jake to JDK 9. This option can be used with `-limitmods`.
>
> Another test like this is VerifyModuleDelegation. In both cases the tests have been changed to run with `-addmods ALL-SYSTEM` in jake.

Alan,

I am not sure what you are suggesting.

Right now the test is failing without my changes, if “-limitmods java.base” is supplied to the jtreg command line:
$ jtreg -jdk:... -noreport "-javaoptions:-limitmods java.base" java/lang/Class/getDeclaredField/FieldSetAccessibleTest.java
with
Test failed for the following classes: …<many classes>

Right now the test has:
 * @run main/othervm -Djdk.launcher.addmods=ALL-SYSTEM FieldSetAccessibleTest UNSECURE
Changing it to
 * @run main/othervm -addmods ALL-SYSTEM FieldSetAccessibleTest UNSECURE
yields the same results.

I was thinking that the Jake integration would change something, but I see the same behavior as before.

Shura