Weird use case: compiling against dummy sun.misc.* class

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri May 20 18:03:00 UTC 2016

On 20/05/2016 18:02, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> :
> -Xmodule:jdk.unsupported definitely works, thanks!
>
> What are the drawbacks for enabling this? I can easily enable that
> globally for the entire project, but that would compile all project
> files as if in the jdk.unsupported module? I guess that does not matter
> if I don't produce/deploy the module as the build artifact.
It would compile everyone as if part of this module. That module
currently exports all its packages so there isn't a risk that you
successfully compile with a reference to a type in a non-exported package.

Also are you compiling jdk.internal.annotations.Contended too? That is
in java.base.

> (Aside: by reading the javac source code, I discovered -XDnoModules,
> which also works, but hidden, unsupported, fragile, and scary)

Jon has it on the list to remove, see JDK-8152785.