(9) RFR: 8157783: Fix module dependencies for /javax/* and /jdk/* tests

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Wed May 25 08:02:14 UTC 2016

> On 25 May 2016, at 07:44, John Jiang <sha.jiang at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Please review this patch on fixing module dependencies for /javax/* and /jdk/* tests.
>
> Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8157783
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjiang/8157783/webrev.00/

The changes to the non-javax tests look fine.

Just a question on scripts, GetCallerClassTest.sh in this case, but the
question is more general.

You have added '@modules java.base/jdk.internal.reflect’, but what
does this actually do?  I can see the value of explicitly declaring that
the script requires a particular set of modules, which could be used
for test selection depending on the runtime. But the qualified export
appears meaningless.

Also, since the module is java.base, the dependency is implicit and
not required.

-Chris.