creating proxies for interfaces with default methods

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri May 27 08:16:10 UTC 2016

On 27/05/2016 06:28, Jochen Theodorou wrote:
> :
>
>> MethodHandles.Lookup.class.getDeclaredConstructor(Class.class,
>> int.class).
>>       newInstance(interfaceClass, MethodHandles.Lookup.PRIVATE).
>>       unreflectSpecial(method, interfaceClass).
>>       bindTo(receiver);
>
> but that is not working anymore.
I don't think it's possible to create a Lookup via support API with just
the PRIVATE lookup mode. It only seems to work because this code seems
to hack into the non-public constructor. I'm curious if you invoke
toString on this, with JDK 8 and with -esa, as I assume you will get a
similar assertion.